- Mom is a big coconut fan. This Coconut Easter Nest Cake is basically the thing her dreams are made of. I’ll need to make this for her, is what I’m saying.
- One thing I discovered this weekend is just how much Grandma likes desserts made with Jell-O. Part of it is her age (Jell-O was very ‘in’ during her formative years) but also she really likes the lightness of those desserts. So I’m tapping into my inner 1950’s housewife and searching for a good Jell-O recipe to make for her, like this or this. If you have any good Jell-O recipes, please send them along!
- I made these biscuits for my dogs last week. I didn’t have a bone-shaped cookie cutter like Heather had so I used a simple circle and they were a big hit. Even my little dog Lola who can be pretty picky about her treats gave them 2 paws up. (note: the honey mixture stained my Wilton baking sheets which didn’t really bother me but thought you should know)
- My college roommate passed away last year from cancer. Three of her favorite things were chocolate, peanut butter and peeps (also Coca-Cola and champagne). So when I saw a picture of chocolate peanut butter peeps skillet s’mores on Instagram all I could think about is Brooke. I think I’ll make it in honor of her. She would approve. Enthusiastically.
- I won’t lie to you, the moment I saw this basket I knew Grandma would be so impressed/happy if I made it for Easter. She just loves when I attempt interesting baking challenges. I just don’t know if I have the patience. It’s a virtue that I lack. *ahem*
- And finally, this week’s blue & white porcelain love.
Have a safe & happy weekend!